lørdag den 20. december 2008

21. December 2008

Oh, I just realized that I hadn't updated my blog for quite a while.

PDC: was fuuuuuuuuun! I mean, technically we just arrived, took a pictures, ate, and then we danced for hooooooours! It was soooo much fun. Glenn wasn't that bad a dancer. We had a lot of fun, definitely. Afterwards, we went to Anna Willoughby's house with a couple of other people and ate ice cream. A perfect ending on such a fun night!

The last couple of weeks I have been busy(-ish) with exams.. All last week was dedicated to exams. Of course, people here were completely stressing out about it. I think it was nice, because we didn't have to wake up super early and just.. yeah, go to school.
Monday was history, art and science exams day. Since I don't take those classes (I mean, I take art, but not AP. And only APs have an exam), I took my Chinese exam. It took me like 20 minutes, so it was fairly easy. 
Tuesday was language exams day. I take Chinese AND French, so I chose French that day, and Chinese monday. French was pretty easy too. It was basically just fill-ins, answer questions about a text and write a mini essay. 
Wednesday: English exam.. Oh wow. That did not go well. I stayed up all night on Tuesday to write an essay, that we had to bring to the exam. I think it turned out pretty well. I hope I can get a B on that. Then the exam itself, at school.. ooh. We had some vocab word stuff (we had to know 200 words - words like vitriolic, concomitant, redolent), that I covered pretty well. I got most of them. AND THEN we had 12 quotes from the 5 books we have read this semester, that we were supposed to analyse and write about. I only remembered 2 of them, so I failed pretty much. I just hope that the essay and vocab words can save my grade.. I mean, save me so I don't fail. I don't care if I get a C. I just don't want to fail and get in trouble with AFS.

THEEEEEEEEN: MESSIAH YAY!!!! We had a concert on Thursday night. It was fun. I really, really enjoy singing it. It is sooooo beautiful. Parents, grand-parents, friends, and people like that came. It was rather crowded in McCain (at school. All the buildings have name. And some rooms. McCain is a huge chapel-auditorium). The entire chorus was standing on the stage, very crowded, singing - for 1 hour. It was quite long. Especially when we were waiting for the 4 solos in a row to be over. 
Friday morning, it was all of that over again, but for the school. It was fun again. But I was kind og sad because that was the last time I will probably ever sing the Messiah. Two girls fainted during the concert. It just gets so hot.. So people faint. It looked rather dramatic when this girl just fell forwards, a couple rows. And people just kept singing. I think they're just used to that happening.

So finally, we're on Christmas break. Steve came back from his almost 3 weeks buisness-trip to Texas and Marina & Carolina both cam back from college! The house is full again! Yay!
So the last couple of days I have just been chilling with my awesome host sisters. I sure enjoyed it so far.

Friday, after the Messiah (which was the only thing we came to school for; Christmas service), I went to Goldberg's with Carolina. Goldberg's is a bagel shop right next to school. When I was about to order, this lady came up to me, and it took me a couple of seconds before I recognized her. De Cutshaw was standing in front of me. She said hello and asked me how things were going.. Stuff like that. It was quite scary though since I haven't seen her since I got pulled out of their house. Whatever ;)

So, Christmas is coming.. Break is going to be so much fun! 
This experience just gets better every single day. It's great.

I hope y'all are doing great!

Ingen kommentarer: