lørdag den 3. januar 2009

3. Januar 2009

It's weird that I always write the blog title in Danish, but the blog itself in English. Oh well, whatever.
I also changed the layout. I thought I needed a change.

I realized that I hadn't updated this for a long time. But I mean, it's been break, so I have been busy doing all kinds of other stuff!

Christmas was a lot of fun. It was really different though. I am used to Christmas lasting all of December, but here, it was only the 25th that was Christmas-y. 
We woke up the 25th, and in the living room, there were tons of presents! It took us a while to open all of them, and it was awesome. I got a loooot of stuff! I'll post a picture.

I hung out with LeighAnn, Carolina & Glenn and some of Carolina's friends, and Marina the following days. One of the days Carolina and I went to Athens to help Marina arranging her new room (she moved recently). That sure was a different part of this country. And it is only 1 hour from Buckhead!
Apparently, the Athens-Clarke county, is one of the poorest in the country - if not the poorest. And that showed. Most of what we saw was kind of nice, because it all was student housing (UGA - University of Georgia, is situated in Athens), which is a big part, since UGA is such a big university. And then, there is all the government housing. 
In the end, it just means that the county doesn't get a lot of money and that it all stays poor. Which is sad.

On the 30th, we went to a concert in Athens! I went with Carolina, Glenn and Anna and William - some of Carolina's friends. We went to see Of Montreal. It was probably the best show I have ever been to. It was crazy! Of Montreal's shows are always crazy, because they have all those dancers in costumes on stage and lightshows and stuff like that, but this one was even better, because it was a smaller venue. 
The best part was when those dancers came down from the stage, and started dancing with the crowd. And when they put red paint on us, and we put it all over our faces. It was so much fun.
Afterwards, we went to get some pizza, waiting for the guys that went to another concerts, and who we were sharing a hotelroom with, to come out and join us. 
They joined us pretty quickly, and we just went to the hotel, slept, woke up next morning and went home.

For new years ever, Cammie came over. Agnes and Steve went to some friends' house, Carolina went to a concert with Glenn and Marina left for Colorado to go snowboard.
So we were just by ourselves. Which was cool. We talked, had our own little dance party, drank Coca-Cola in stead of Champagne, and watched some big ball dropping slowly in NYC.

I have spend the last couple of days with the Cullens (the family that was supposed to host me this semester). The kids, Gibbs and Joe (junior and freshman) are awesome! And so are the parents. We went out to eat a lot, went to the movies and just chilled at home. It was a lot of fun. I really like that family.. 

I think that's all.. 
Happy new year to all of you!



Christmas @ the Matheson's house

Marina sew me a beautiful stocking.


Marina and I petting Jimmy-Dean


My super cool host parents with their new super cool spanish outfits!


Marina and I decided to have a photoshoot in front of the Christmas tree, in the middle of the night.


the morning of the 25th


Carolina unwrapping a present


Marina unwrapping a present


Me unwrapping a present


All of my beautiful presents. I can't believe I got so many!


SISTERS! With our new spanish clothing. 


Lunch on the 25th with Carolin (a German exchange student, that went back to Germany a few days later) and Ruth (who is taking the picture).

3 kommentarer:

nanna sommer sagde ...

iih. hvor er det dejligt at læse at du har det godt :'D

jeg savner dig!

og jeg håber du kunne bruge gaverne :i

mie2 sagde ...

Kære Camille,
nu har du været "over there" næsten halvdelen af tiden - uden at du rigtig har hørt noget fra os. Det er vanvittig spændende og opløftende at læse, hvad du fortæller. Herligt at du kom fri af den første familie og at du trives s å godt i den nye. Fortælinger om skolen, fritiden, familien, vennerne, julen og det hele - ja, og dit FLOTTE skriftlige engelsk er bare en stor fornøjelse at blive indviet i. Tak skal du ha´ fordi du opdaterer. her på Kystvejen er vi lidt bagud iår med at holde kontakter. For at det ikke skal gå ud over dig, så har jeg idag omsider knækket koden og er kommet ind med mie2 identiteten. Jeg skal hilse dig fra alle her. Vi har ndyt en lang juleferie. Hjemme i din danske families hjertevarme stue har ejg endda været så heldig at nyde en kop te sammen med din mor og Sven mellem jul og nytår. De glæder sig over den gode tid, du har, hvor du er. Lidt tomt er der bare også, når nogen mangler. Men på den god måde er det jo en del af livet, at nærhed kan være mental. Og det er den med dig i denne tid, søde pige.
mange kærlige hilsener PH,Mie & co

Francine St. Laurent sagde ...

Hi Camille! It's so cool to hear from you! What a great blog! :) I think it's funny hearing what you think about USA. I know! It's scary that I'm going home in just 5 months.. like what have I been doing all year? I miss home but I love Denmark! What part of Denmark are you from? I'm living on Fyn. Oh! And I'm from Alaska..